Friday, July 24, 2015

TDF 2015 Day 19 and Order


I plied the last of the Florida Gulf Native Sheep fiber.  I have another 292 yards of two ply yarn in fingering weight.
The fiber is a good medium wool but softer than most.
There was quite a bit of vegetable matter in the fiber and I looked a blizzard of bits of chaff as I spun it but I expect the rest to wash out when I set the twist with a good bath! 
I had run out of yarn for this pair of socks;  well, it came and I whipped through to the sewn picot hem and cast on the second one!  It is so good to have socks on the needles again!

5 comments:

  1. I spent the afternoon cleaning up under the wheels. What a mess. Hay and fluff everywhere.
    That Gulf Coast is beautiful. It's a very pretty color. I still haven't knit anything with the Gulf Coast I spun last Tour. I need to go dig it out and give it a good swatching to see what it wants to be;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a sticky clothes roller by my seat so I could stop t h e spread of chaff! It was worth it; the yarn is great!

      Delete
  2. Nice looking sock! :-)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is pretty; it has more of a luster to it than I would expect to see in a picture of a wool yarn. Lovely.

    Happy socks! I am itching to get back to mine -- hopefully with school starting again I will get knitting done during seatwork times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the yarn is softer than I'd expected! I can hear your blue sock calling you from here!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...