Thursday, July 23, 2015

TDF 2015 Day 18

Bill was a good sport and held the quilt up as best as he could.  (We decided to build a quilt holder in the sewing room for future photo shoots!)  The quilt sure is pretty!
I carded up the rest of the Gulf Native Fleece fiber.  I turn it into a batt from the carder first. 
Then I split it open by ripping it down the side but not all the way;  then I rip it back up a few inches over and so on so the whole batt is in one long section. 
Then I attenuate (a fancy fiber word for stretch it out!) the fat rope into one long, light rope called a roving.   
After I do this for all the batts I make, I weigh them and set them into equal piles for my two ply yarn. 
And then I spin!  Here is the work of the day, two bobbins each weighing 2.5 oz. 
for a 5 oz skein which I will have to ply tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Grandma's quilt turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see it in person. That one is for the train house green bedroom, right?

    You sure are keeping the fiber moving right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....that quilt is amazing. I can't believe you got the Gulf Coast to behave so nicely. That roving looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...