Thursday, April 16, 2015

Creative Exchanges

I had a friend come over and play today!  Loree lives in southern FL but gets to come up to visit her other home here nearby every so often.  She usually lets me know when she will be in town and wonder of wonders, this time our schedules clicked!  She brought over her fabric dyes from Jacquard and she showed me some basic techniques-what fun!
 We painted two panels each and then it was time for lunch.  (greek pizzas)
 After lunch, I showed Loree how to piece the Ohio Star block.   She is an art quilter and wanted to add the traditional block skills to her repertoire!
We had so much fun and she nailed it!  
 After she had to go home, she had left me with instructions on how to permanently set the colors on my fabric.   It had dried so I ironed it on high-now it is ready to be a part of my next wall hanging!
The other panel I did was just a blend of colors that make me happy.  I blended, splashed and sprayed-it is a great way to spend a day!  I look forward to our next visit!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great visit. Your colors are very spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great visit. Your colors are very spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to have a play date...nice bonus to have something to show for it at the end of the day, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any fabric dyeing since college. How much fun would that be for a small quilting project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of tie dying and batiking way back in the 60's in the back yard with little kids running around. No place to do it in my senior apt, but my gdau loves that stuff. Glad you both got to learn new things. Now quilting is great, on RSC15.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful colors, looks like a fun and crafty day to spend with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun! I got a book on traditional quilting and want to try more blocks. The pizza is my new favorite recipe now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing a crafting play date is such fun! Wish I could join you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...