Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Off the Needles!

 I am usually so excited to start a project only to be so glad to get it done so I can move onto another one!  This one I got excited twice , finished it twice but this one is the real thing!
 I knit the Edge of the Wedge Shawl until I only had a little bit left out of this 8 ounce skein of rayon boucle from Blue Heron Yarns.
 It is a show stopper!  The pattern doesn't show much in the picture but the shawl is silky and light and drapes wonderfully.
 Here is a close up of the yarn and stitches;  it has a big loose cable that runs the whole edge of the shawl to give it a good hem so it hangs right.   The pattern calls for lace weight yarn and this yarn was bulky on #13 needles-it is a good pattern in my book when it will work with any weight yarn!
It will be on its way to Marsel's tomorrow!
 While at Mom and Dad's today, we sat outside in the 80's sunshine and knit...well, Dad didn't knit but he kept us company while we did! lol  I started a sock from a used ball of Chroma.
 It is clipping right along.  I am adding a bit of twisted knit stitch cable up the side of the foot.
 Mom finished her cowl and we blocked it in the sunshine to dry. (This is a pic before blocking!)
 It didn't take long to dry!
I started cutting out the rest of the blocks for the table runner!

4 comments:

  1. Those are very happy accomplishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects! The shawl is amazing-beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Love the chroma... pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. 80* weather? Can I get that for inside? Our air-con is playing up and blowing cool air even when on heat! Mum really feels the cold so we need to get it operational as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...