Friday, October 10, 2014

FO Friday

 I purchased some shelves from a 'going out of business' sale at a yarn shop....sad for them but I enjoyed organizing all my sock yarn here!  (Nyki has a habit of emptying the other shelves I have of their contents so she can snuggle in the cubby.....she has already emptied the one on the bottom all the way to the right twice today-I might leave it empty for her.  Maybe.)
 Another way to reduce the sock yarn stash, finish a pair of socks!  These are toe-up with a bit of cable up the leg.   It is knit from the KnitPicks Hawthorne line of sock yarn.
 I had a doctor's appointment in St. Augustine so we went to the newly renovated beach at their pier when I was finished!
 All of this sand-tons and tons were brought in to replace the beach erosion.
 This is the cement break wall and it used to drop off 15" to rocks and the previous beach level.  It is very nice to see the way they cared for the beach now.  (Here is a pic from there a bit over a year ago to compare)
 After the beach visit, we traveled a bit south to our second favorite restaurant, the South Beach Grill.  The weather is perfect in Florida right now.....
 I finished binding off the Georgia Geology Shawl!
 I soaked it and blocked it this morning.
 The detail doesn't show up as much as it did on the solid color yarn but the overall affect...
 is pretty spectacular!
I can't wait to wear it!  (Also knit from the Hawthorne line of sock yarn from KnitPicks!)

4 comments:

  1. The shawl is just gorgeous!!

    The beach sure looks different...we'll have to visit it to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've been looking for an excuse to try some Hawthorne....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is gorgeous! Yarn shop going out of business... is it the one in Ormond?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is beautiful!!! Love the socks to. Perfect storage cubbies. The beach is so inviting. Thanks for sharing for those of us who only wish we could live near a nice warm beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...