Monday, August 4, 2014

Loose Ends No More


I finished the little patriotic tumbler quilt!  I didn't make it in time for the 4th of July but there is always next year!
The quilting is cool, too-Yankee Doodle Dandy feathers!
 I needed earrings to match this tropical necklace so I picked through my stash of stones and shells and found a few to make some.
I think they will work as a set just fine!
 I played with some glass again.   I cut up several colors in strips and laid them on end and popped them in the microwave oven.
 Oh, yeah!  This is about 1 3/4" square-just a nice size for a pendant with pizzazz!
I tried it again in Gator/Syracuse colors.....very fun project and I can't wait to wear them!
I enjoyed a good little project-painting these ceramic frogs!  I looked up tree frog eyes on Google so I could paint them realistically.   I decided to paint them as I wanted because there are so many kinds of eyes that anything I could think of was realistic!  lol  I will set these guys in my flowers pots out front!  I wonder if they will intimidate the real tree frogs I have out there!

2 comments:

  1. Love the finish on the quilt and that glass is just plain gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're certainly not one to let illness get in the way of trying new things, are you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...