Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tumbling!

 Mom and I worked on our last project.  (She is heading home on Wednesday...boo hoo!)
 We used the Accuquilt to cut out these 6" tumbler blocks and then sewed them together.  You can see that I had to unsew my first two rows as I flipped them over and sewed them wrong-look at the first pic and you can see the two reds are not supposed to be touching!  It happens!
Onward to a quilt top.  We will be sewing this solo as she is saving hers to sew when she gets home but we will share pics and be connected still...

I took my first fall down our hall on my way to my room-I was wearing socks and going too fast on the hardwood flooring, I guess.  I broke my fall with my hands and my right hip-sore but nothing broken-more disgusted with myself than anything!  Bill says he has changed the speed limit in the house so I have to slow down and think about every motion now.  That is doable!
 (My Mom calls me Lillian after my Dad's Mom who trotted everywhere......)

5 comments:

  1. I like the reds and neutrals -- pretty mix.

    Glad your fall wasn't worse. Bruce regularly fusses at me that "You need to slow down..." to which I reply that if I slowed down, just think how much further behind I would be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to slow down! My problem is with sharp instruments and my fingers. Alpaca shearing happens in two weeks, so I need to keep finger tips on the ends of my fingers. Love the indigo dyeing. I haven't tried that yet. I'm working with mistletoe for green color next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddio has been working on a tumbler quilt for forever and I love it. It's such a pretty pattern. I can't wait to see how you finish yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. changing the speed limit is a good idea!:) maybe you should wear socks with slip-stoppers underneath? I have the same problem on the tiles here - it's either barefoot (too cold in winter:) or "ABS". they don't last forever in the washing machine, but I'd rather replace them every now and then - than slipping and maybe doing damage to myself! bad enough when I get entangled with the dog - there's nothing I can do against her running after me all the time:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...