Saturday, June 18, 2011

Slice of Plum Shawl



I was on a roll and finished the shawl this morning!  I only had a few yards which gave the kniltting an added buzz!  (I call this extreme knitting!)  52" x 22" again, in superwash handspun wool.
Pattern is available from Kay Meadors or on Ravelry as Slice of Autumn/Spring Shawl.
On a quilting front, I won this from a blog I follow.  The blog is by the author of the book, she was kind enough to autograph it for me, too!  Talk about inspiring........!
So naturally it gave me the incentive to spend a few hours in the sewing room today......... I loaded a quilt from my neighbor, and finished it.
 This quilt has an all over panto, 56" quilt square.
 When I finished one of her quilts, I loaded the other one on-this is like an I Spy quilt using scraps.  Very restful to quilt compared to the bright colors of the last one!  I quilted it with the same panto, this quilt measures 48"  x 60".  Saving the rest for another day.........a good Saturday, it rained some and I stayed in my pj's all day!

4 comments:

  1. WOW. WOW! That shawl is gorgeous!!!

    Fun to have a blog-giveaway win, make sure you put the book in your "go to Georgia" pile so we can sit in the porch swing and look at it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pyjama days; not today though - we're going to Hog's Breath for WM's birthday lunch with MIL, DD, SIL and GS#1.

    I can't believe how quickly you churn out your knitting! That shawl pattern is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawls are gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see what you make from the book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the colors you chose for the shawl. I always do and am always so darn jealous of you quick knitting;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...