Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arrival Day!

We finished hooking up the new water system(Terminox)--NO MORE IRON STAINS OR SULPHUR SMELLS!  (This is in the breezeway, in the area that will be closeted off this Fall when we conclude the building project!)
Then we packed the knitting (the suffolk/bunny undercoat fur blended yarn and the 198 yd shawlette pattern from Ravelry) and headed off to the airport-a two hour drive.
Ahhhhhh, hugs and talking and laughing and just being!  It is going to be a great 10 days!
(Jared, Krystle and Jackie arrive from Seattle-Caleb is here for four days, Matthew comes Friday afternoon for the weekend and Bruce,Marsel and the kids arrive Sunday-just come and visit the Depot we call home!)

11 comments:

  1. I know you all will have a great time together--only wish your Mom and Dad could be there too. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear you clucking to call all of your chicks to the nest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't live without our water system either. Just part of country living and worth every penny..enjoy!
    Have a great visit with the family ..bet the pool will get a real work out..lol

    Judi B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I bet you are having a great time with all the family there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great visit! I'm impressed that you'll be able to do the colors of June with all of that going on!!

    Enjoy!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacation! A beautiful word. That's some great yarn, and the start of the shawl is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have all your family together. I'm sure it wasn't long enough, or often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you got to see all your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have iron and sulpher in your water, too, huh? So do we and you sure can tell when the softener is running low on salt.

    That bunny underfur looks like it is knitting up very well. Is it as soft as it looks> How does it compare to angora as far as loft and such?

    To have everyone visiting must be a lot of fun. You must be in 7th Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...