Friday, March 5, 2010

Socializin'

We went to Jessica's house on Tuesday, out to dinner with my parents, Marsel and kids on Tuesday evening and then Caleb and Kristen came for a visit when we arrived home!  Because of a lapse in email attention, our visit Wednesday morning was a nice surprise!  Sometimes the best things (The Ratliffs) happen as surprises, you know!  (My camera was AWOL so I do not have a pic of Bill and I with them nor do I have Kristen in the pic.....grrrr!)  In the afternoon, my parents came over with some more NY visitors, The Abbots and we introduced everyone and had a regular gab session.  It was a great day!
Today, we worked on some more window shades, and I ripped out the two finished blocks and decided to make the blocks each have a different colored coral and brown print in each block so I made two new ones to see if I agreed with myself.  I did. 

Marsel worked on the red/white/blue quilt while I did the piecing and then in the afternoon, when my parents came over for a visit-Dad to work and install new carriage lights at the front sliding glass door and Mom to sit and knit and watch grandkids with us in the sun in the backyard.  It's starting to feel a lot like Florida!
Bedtime is lovely on many levels and this is one of them.......good night!

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is looking great! I like how you're mixing it up.

    Enjoy your family visit (as you obviously are!)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the fun and joy in your life never end? (I hope not)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the name of the quilt pattern you are doing?

    What a sweet, precious child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilts, and please can you send over some of your lovely sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is to be another lovely quilt! One of these days I'm going to make a quilt. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...