Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pool Class 101


Do you know what is Gunite?  Today was 'spray the pool lining ' day! 
Trucks started arriving early this morning.  In the back yard and even in the front.
One truck contains the gunite (pure sand and cement dry mix) and the other truck is the air compresser (3000 ppsi) tanker. 
For the technically minded, namely my grandson, here is the process of applying gunite to the pool walls and floor.  It took about 5 hours of work today.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

  After hooking up to our water source and then spray this on like using a firehose .  Who knew?!
    
Now to let it cure for a few days!
 
The view out of the diningroom.
Looking from the north toward my bedroom.
Friends,bring your floaties, it is getting close to pool time!

4 comments:

  1. David, Abigail, and I all say 'WOW'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking pool, and I had no idea how this was done. Thank you for such an interesting educational piece today. I get to live another day because I learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Abigail and the kids - Wow!

    Will you all be swimming at Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe he is in the pool when he sprays that!

    It is looking good and I love the stairs and ledges.

    Will they be making it blue? Do they use paint? I need to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...